A curation of political questions currently up for debate on Quibbl
By Lillian Aff
- At his recent rally in Arizona, President Trump expressed willingness to shut down the government over funding for a border wall. Treasury Secretary Mnuchin has targeted a September 30th deadline for Congress to raise the debt ceiling. With markets already responding unfavorably to the political uncertainty, will Congress increase the debt limit by the deadline? Quibbl here.
- In a briefing to the press on the Opioid crisis top advisor to President Trump Kellyanne Conway said: “And sometimes the privacy laws don’t allow the parents of a 19 year old, in fact to be notified. So this is something we’re very aware of also.” Will the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act be modified for lawful notification of family members of a patient with an opioid overdose, by the end of 2017? Or will Congress block this due to concerns over the erosion of privacy? What do you think will happen?
- Pres. Donald Trump has recently suggested that Sen. Mitch McConnell should resign as GOP leader if he doesn’t pass any major pieces of legislation in the fall, including the healthcare bill. Will this tension cause McConnell to step aside? Quibbl here.
- Chief economic advisor Gary Cohn’s important status within the Trump administration was highlighted last week when rumors of his resignation, since denied by the White House, caused a dip in the stock market. Since this quibbl was posted, Cohn himself revealed that he was on the brink of resigning in protest of Trump’s response to the violence in Charlottesville. Will he stay or will he go? Quibbl here.
- Anyone who quibbls weekly about President Trump’s Approval Rating knows that the number has been down in recent weeks. But the perception of the Trump economy is another story. As of August 20, Gallup’s weekly Economic Confidence Index is at +11, its highest level since March. What will the weekly poll register on August 27th? Quibbl here.
For all the quibbls on politics, go here.